What does it mean when people on teams express they're overloaded? It means it's time to explore and inquire more. Here are some of the maybe's:
- They're not asking for or offering help enough
- They don't know there's a more efficient way to do things
- They spend more time trying to get what they need than doing what they need to do
- They do a lot of rework because of less than useful requirements
- They don't spend time together experimenting with ways to accelerate work
- They work in a low-trust and low-freedom culture that slows things down
The more we know about actionable contributors to overload, the more we can manage it intelligently.